chat loading...

SpLD screening/assessment

SpLD screening/assessment

Explore the frequently asked questions below to learn more about the services available to you. If you're unable to find the information you need, contact us and we'll ensure your query is directed to the relevant service.

If you are eligible for DSA, you will get a 'go-ahead' (DSA1) letter from your Student Funding body two to four weeks after applying for DSA. This letter will tell you to book a Study Needs Assessment. The letter will explain how to find a Needs Assessor near you. The closest Needs Assessment Centre to the University is Contact Associates based in the Exchange Building, Penryn.

This is funded by the DSA (no charge to you). You will need to provide a copy of your evidence and DSA1 letter when you book. A Needs Assessment is an informal discussion about how best to support you on your course. It may cover equipment, software and 1:1 support.

Your Needs Assessor will write a report with details of the recommended support. This will be sent to you and your Student Funding body, who will then send you a Letter of Entitlement (DSA2) confirming the support. (Please see our other FAQs on setting up your support and ordering your specialist equipment.)

Not found the information you need? Contact us.